Wednesday, March 2, 2011

WINZ

Work And Income New Zealand (WINZ), they're the welfare department
here in NZ. I've been there a few times this week, getting assistance
with living costs since having to make the dash out of Christchurch.
Today I went in to apply for the unemployment benefit... I don't
expect to have to use their services for too long because I'm an
employable person. But... there are hardly any jobs here in Whangarei,
so I'm just preparing for 'just-in-case'.
But gee... it's pretty humbling. Going and asking for money is
essentially what I'm doing. But you gotta do what you gotta do and
there's nothing wrong with it. I suppose I'm just aware of the number
of people that milk the system for everything they can and don't do
anything to help themselves. I don't want to be lumped in that number.

No comments:

Post a Comment