Monday, May 30, 2011

Decision time

Well...

Whangarei isn't turning out to be quite the right place for Ben and I.

I LOVE being here with my family, but work is just so few and far between and the pay is very, very low. Especially for unskilled labour. Even me with all my office experience and glowing references can't get more than $20/hour. Enough to pay our bills but not much more than that.

So it's decision time for us. When my contract at Golden Bay finishes around about August then we're going to have to decide what we're going to do, or... where we're going to go. We have to go somewhere where there are more jobs available and the pay is reasonable. Maybe back to Australia except maybe this time we'll go to Brisbane or Perth. At the moment it's anyone's guess.

I don't actually want to go anywhere. I would really like to stay and make our 'base' here. So I have to make our business work. Getting on to it now...

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment